Just a reminder to everyone that Stamp Club is just around the corner, on Saturday, August 29th.
The Stamp Club usually meets at the False Creek Community Centre on Granville Island, the last Saturday of every month from 9:00 to 11:00. What is this all about? Well, here's a brief rundown:
- we exchange cards and ideas
- we have demos and complete a few hands on project
- we have a card swap every meeting -- If you'd like to participate in the swap please bring 10 similar stamped projects with you.
Everyone is welcome and there is a $5 drop in fee - just think for the price of a latte, you get to participate in a hands-on demo and swap! We’re a friendly bunch so come and join in the fun! For more information, email Jeannie at email@example.com For the August meeting, Elizabeth is demo'ing and listed below are the supplies to bring if you would like to play.
The demo will be a 3D card and a small 3D paper rose. Not much is needed in the way of supplies, here they are:
- 2 or 3 sheets of paper the weight of copier paper, patterned or actual copy paper.
- small glue dots (at least 25) any other type of adhesive makes it difficult
- small scissors
- 1 sheet cs any colour (if you bring patterned paper for item 1 it should coordinate with cs)
- yellow marker, crayon, or pencil
for the rose:
- tweezers like the ones in the making memories toolbox
- a fast drying glue like the zig pen glue
So come on out and enjoy a day of creativity and make new friends plus learn a new technique!
After stamp club, don't forget to pop into the store. We have some great new stamps and lots of new store samples to inspire you! Here's just one of them.
We look forward to seeing all the regulars and maybe a new face or two!